Recording your first video can be a daunting experience, often leading to self-doubt and a lack of consistency. However, the journey to mastering video content creation is filled with valuable lessons and opportunities for growth. Last week, our YouTube channel, Complete Game Consulting, achieved a significant milestone by uploading its 1000th video. In this article, we’ll share the insights gained from producing over a thousand videos, highlighting the importance of consistency, content quality, and the long game on a platform like YouTube.
Why YouTube Matters
YouTube is undeniably one of the most powerful tools available for business growth today. As the world’s second-largest search engine, it attracts millions of prospects seeking solutions to their problems. By establishing a presence on YouTube, you can seize the opportunity to educate, inspire, and build credibility with your audience.
The Consistency Conundrum
The first lesson learned from creating over 1000 videos is the importance of consistency. Many aspiring content creators give up after recording only a few videos due to self-perceived inadequacy. It’s vital to understand that your initial attempts may not meet your expectations, but this should not deter you.
Consistency is key to mastering video content creation. It’s about playing the long game.
1. Length Doesn’t Matter – One common question when starting out on YouTube is, “How long should my videos be?” The answer: it doesn’t matter as much as you think. Our YouTube channel features videos ranging from one minute to 45 minutes. The crucial factor is the content you provide. Engaging, informative content is more important than video length.
2. Quantity Matters as Much as Quality – While quality is essential, quantity should not be overlooked. The more videos you create, the more credibility you build. Do not be overly concerned with editing, captions, or perfectionism. Focus on consistently delivering content. Your audience comes to learn from you, and having a library of videos available demonstrates your expertise.
3. Just Getting Started – It’s easy to be discouraged when you look at your subscriber count, but don’t forget that even after 1000 videos, you’re just getting started. The path to success is a long one, and building a successful YouTube channel requires dedication and persistence. Learning how to create better videos and tell more compelling stories is an ongoing journey. Commit to the long game.
YouTube is a powerful platform for growing your business, and persistence is the key to success. Even after uploading 1000 videos, the journey is far from over. By embracing consistency, focusing on content over video length, and understanding the value of quantity, you can use YouTube to build credibility with your top prospects.
So, don’t let self-doubt and the fear of imperfection hold you back. Embrace the long game and use YouTube as a valuable tool to connect with your audience, educate them, and ultimately, grow your business.
- Connect with me on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/andyneary/
- Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/andy_neary/
Business is no longer about who you know. Business is about who knows you. In a noisy industry like we’re in gang, you got to get people to know who you are.